Saturday, December 30, 2006

Personal Holocaust

i used to count street lights on the open road
now i go back and all those roads are closed
time attacks the past, leaving it behind
for me its just a memory in the back of my mind
hopeful thinking
heart is sinking
deep into the worlds abyss
minds illusion
prides contusion
there is no piece that seems to fit
i think my life remains incomplete
i look behind me and see one set of feet
alone, alone is all i really know
although its not the way i chose
self destruction
lost construction
bridges fall and chances are gone
i am naked
fate awakens
with the world on my shoulders i carry on

they say the grass is greener on the otherside
i think it all depends on what you carry with you in your life
and when the past is gone and there is nothing else to take
pick up your heart from off the ground and with it create
create a new footpath that leads to where you wish to go
let your heart decide what you really know
"in arrogance, the wicked hunt down the weak
they are caught in the schemes that they devise"
please dont tell me how to live my life

i used to count street lights on the open road
not carring at all where those roads go
i was little, and my brain was nothing more
than another piece of broken glass on the floor
white picket fence
just makes no sense
if it never connects end to end
thoughts that are lost
personal holocaust
some things will never mend





JC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home