Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Foreclosure of A Dream

A sight for sore eyes, thats what he called it. I don't know if he knew what he was looking at, or if he was just pretending to know what he was looking at. To tell you the truth i think he was pretending, because his eyes were closed the whole time. However i did not ever tell him that, or question him.I had much respect for that man. There was a time in my life when i wondered the same thing i wonder about him. Was i looking at anything, or did i just have my eyes open. Or mabye I too had my eyes closed the whole time, mabye they are closed right now. It really makes me wonder if what I am seeing is real, or is it all just pretend. What if this whole thing we call life is a mysterious dream, what if i am just part of someones head. But anyway, this old man always told me the same thing, every day. He said, "existance is not worthy of having a name, existance does not exist." I never knew what that meant, I never asked. He said that with a straight face and a lazy posture. A couple of times, he said it with a tone of frustration, and regret. Once i heard him mumble what it ment, but i did not understand it. "Lids of spikes and a mind of led." What he said only added to my confusion. That old man died on a Thursday evening, he never said anything about his name, and once again i never asked him. The same night he died, the mysterious dream ended.





JC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home