Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Cancer

Sneaks up on me like a shadow
It kills me quietly
It goes so long without being detected
Still it kills me violently
It stalks me like non other
It knows everything going on in my head
It waits to pounce on me as prey
And then its sickness slowly spreads

I am stuck in this everlasting infection
It leads me to my dreary fate
I reach out for my slowly disappearing recollection
But I can’t get to it before its to late
It is not the only thing leaving me
My liveliness starts to fade away
Eyes grow tired and cant stand seeing
As my mind begins to evaporate

Incise away my only answer
As I fall as another victim
You can’t replace the things that I have
Go ahead and make your incisions
Twisting and turning inside my anger
It instigates all of my pain
And it drives me away from my hope
And then it drives me insane

Treating me with their brain blockers
Numbing me so I can’t escape
The pain that’s prompted by my doctors
Against my will they operate
I could stay like this forever
Anything is better than that sting
You can take away all that I have remembered
As long as you take away this thing

Sneaks up on me like a shadow
It kills me so quietly
How could of it gone so long with out being detected
How did it kill me so swift and violently?
I look so deep for so many answers
But my blinded eyes just can’t see
This thing that they call cancer
Is slowly killing me…

Waiting for the outcome
Means nothing to me anymore
Because I know exactly how its going to be
The same old thing that i adhor
Looking so deep for these answers
But this sickness is so pure
This sickness that most cause cancer
Just does not want to give up its cure...






JC

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Love this poem and your really good at writeing them

2/09/2007 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home