Sunday, January 21, 2007

Specific Reminiscence

I won’t be the one to lie
I don’t laugh as much as I cry
That’s how horrid the world has become
At times it seems to that world I succumb
With every breath I take
I think of all of my mistakes
So many falters out there
It feels like I am running out of air
Come set me free
Let me become who I want to be
I strive at what I see
I strive because I believe
Craziness is not a sin
Just look at the world I’m in
If it was I wouldn’t be here…
I am out-numbered by the tears

Most of my memories
Are dowsed with tragedy
But what could I have done
Besides stand back up and run
Run away from all my fear
Run away from all the tears
It feels I am running in place
Because those fears still stare in my face
Please won’t you come set me free
Let me become who I want to be
I strive at what I see
I strive because I believe
Sometimes I think she is looking down
Sometimes I imagine she is with me now
Do not take my imagination away
It brings me her to me every day
I hate my reality…
It reminds me it’s just a memory

Shove the knife into my side
When taking her you took a piece of my life
And now all my pieces are rearranged
Give me a reason to accept the way things have changed
Anger has got me at the throat
Saying all the words I wrote
God have mercy on my soul
And help me dig myself out of this hole
With her hand on shoulder
She stays young as I grow older
But some day I too will be set free
Then I too will just be a memory
I judge what I do not see
I strive at what I believe
Someday when you look into the night’s sky
A twinkling star will be my blinking eye
Do not deprive me of my mentality
Do what you wish with my reality
What is done to it does not effect how I get by
Because I don’t laugh as much as I cry…







JC



looking at life through the eyes of my tired heart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home