Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Depressing Downpour

Looking out the window into the pouring rain
With a dreadful mood I peek over the window pane
I wish that I could find a switch that could keep me from bawling
I wish that I could find a switch that could keep the rain from falling

Melodious, that’s how the rain sounded
It was stifled by the clamor when the thunder pounded
It seems as if life is the same way, but with happiness and depression
The truth I tell you is only truth to the one who tells confession

My eyes are full of anger and abhorrence, hell can be compared
Yet everyone I look at in this world seems so blindly unaware
Taking advantage of every little thing they own leads to joys inflation
The standards of living are that much higher due to one and alls participation

What if I could change the world, and all its dreadful deeds?
Make everything just natural and simple so everyone is pleased
What if I could change the world, and prevent further fading
I don’t know what it would do, but I’m sure it would still be raining.





JC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home