Friday, October 27, 2006

Counting Cars

looking out the window
counting the cars fly by
i lost count at twenty two
but to please her i had to lie
i looked back her
and she was looking at me
she said tell me boy what ur looking at
i want to know everything you see
i told her it was just the interstate
roaring with engine crys
i didnt tell her that i was afraid
of the fact that she might die
she turned her head agasint the pillow
closed her old soft eyes
i looked out the hospital window
and i just wanted to cry
people who say tears are a weakness
are to weak to cry themselves
i think anyone woulda cried to
if they knew what i felt

you could bring me anything
you could give me close to nothing
you could give me just about everything
but nothing compares to love
i could count every car on the road
i could tell her everything i see
i could tell her i loved her more than anything
but all she wants is the best of me
here you go

looking out the window
cant see the cars fly by
i couldnt see a damn thing
with tears flooding my eyes
i looked back at her
she lay there asleep
i didnt say anything to her
because she has already seen what i see
hours turned to days and they went by
she returned just as sick to her home
where she watched her life pass her by
where she watched her children grow
eyes wouldnt open so she kept him shut
her heart beated to the ticking of the clock
everything went bad to worse
when u didnt hear the tick-tock

the best things in life rest in the people you dont know
i didnt know myself until she let go
here ya go







JC

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

umm... you made me cry.
its so good.

11/01/2006 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home