Sunday, February 12, 2006

hidden hero

where is jesus
when u need him?
as i lay unconsionsly
i wonna be a police man
a fire chief, yeah
i wonna be all i can be
i say a prayer
cuz i am scared
but i dont no if he hears
then he comes to
my rescue
and he chases away my fears
the mirror was stolen
then it was broken
to match my dishonest face
when i lay dying
and quietly crying
i will remember my happy days
they were happy
sometimes crappy
but always brought a smile
in an instance
i knew he would listen
so i spoke loudly for a while
no one is leaving
nor achieving
from this mess we are in
we get nothing
from the wrong thing
so y do we think we still can win
hearts are broken
ripped right open
for no good cause
with out knowing
in this moment
my life remains on pause

it comes so fast
so little it does last
and surly it always goes
reaching deeper
and walking steeper
as my window begins to close
the wind is frightful
never delightful
it scares the hell out of me
he is strength and wings
he is everything
including my eyes when i cant see
fighting harder
as it grows larger
my problem can only get worse
u say goodbye
to this lullaby
as u wave to the loaded herse

seen as a zero
an unlikely hero
tho he still sheds tears
time is a motivation
of this dramatation
but the end is no where near
then comes jesus
right when u need him
chasing away all my fears..





JC

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"it scared the hell out of me"
two meaning phrase. woot.

nice poem

-britt

2/17/2006 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home